Lightroom's Masking panel is incredibly powerful, allowing you make and combine selections in almost infinite ways, and add sophisticated touches to your images that you previously needed Photoshop for.
But tools are only useful if they serve a greater purpose. Masking can be a wonderful tool – if it can be harnessed to help you express your vision for a photograph.
In this presentation Michael will show you simple – yet powerful – techniques to make your photographs come to life with Masking. He'll cover some basics, and you'll also learn more advanced tips and tricks, but more importantly, he'll discuss when and where to use these techniques to get the most out of your photographs, express your vision, and tell the story you want to tell.
Here's a partial list of the topics Michael will cover:
- Easy ways to combine selections
- Wrapping your head around Add, Subtract, Invert, and Intersect
- Strategies for getting the perfect mask
- How to direct the viewer's eye
- Amplifying subtle light
- Enriching colors without using saturation
- Bringing out shadows in a realistic way.
He also will be demonstrating these techniques on some user submitted images.